(posting this after updating for 2013′s home opener)
Here’s some fun trivia that I’ve collected over the years related to the Nats home opener Attendance and attendance records at the stadium in general.
Nats Trivia: capacity of Nats park?
- 41,888 at opening
- 41,546 in 2010
- 41,506 in 2011
- 41,487 in 2012
- 41,418 in 2013
(RFK capacity: 45,596 per wikipedia/ballparks.com)
Nats All-time Record attendance?
45,966 10/12/12 game 5 2012 nlds
Other/Previous Attendance Records
- 45,274 Opening Day 2013 (new Regular Season record for Nats park)
- 45,017 10/10/12 first home playoff game
- 44,685 8/20/11 vs Phillies (longer standing Nats park record)
- 41,985 6/24/09 vs Boston. (Nats reg-season record standard bearer for a while)
- 45,157 Fathers day 2006 vs Yankees (long standing Regular season Record)
- 45,596 RFK franchise opener (long standing franchise attendance record)
Opening Day Attendances through the years
2013: 45,274 (1:05 monday game, 60 and beautiful)
2012: 40,907 (1:05 thursday game 56, partly cloudy)
2011: 39,055 (1:05 thursday game, 41 degrees and overcast)
2010: 41,290 (1pm game monday, beautiful weather 80s and sunny): phillies invasion
2009: 40,386 (3pm game on a monday, chilly 53degr and overcast).
2008: 39,389 (season and stadium opener), 8pm sunday night, Braves, nat’l tv but cold.
2007: 40,389 (in rfk, 1pm game vs Florida, 72degrees
2006: 40,516 (in rfk, tuesday day game vs Mets, 72degr and sunny)
2005: 45,596 (in rfk, debut of entire franchise, 62degr and clear, evening game).
Opening Day Box Scores